For more info, email or call Christine at email@example.com or 206-463-5502.
**This class is full as of 9/10**
Making Sense of Discipline:
A 4-part video course and discussion group
Wednesdays 6:30- 8:30pm
September 12th-October 3rd
This material is suitable to parents of children of all ages as well as to teachers, principals, day-care providers, and early education providers. Childcare is available for an additional fee.
The course will meet for 4 sessions. Each session will contain a 60-minute video lecture by Dr. Neufeld and then approximately 60 minutes to discuss the material and how to apply it. Discussions are led by Parent Educator, Christine Wood, who is approved through the Neufeld Institute to facilitate this class.
- to apply developmental science to the arena of discipline
- to enable parents and teachers to think critically regarding the current discipline practices
- to provide a philosophy of discipline that is congruent with science and with the developmental needs of the child
- to equip parents and teachers with the inner confidence to handle problem behaviour
- to provide discipline strategies that are attachment-safe and developmental friendly
- to provide special strategies for stuck kids who cannot benefit from normal discipline measures
Dates: Wednesdays September 12th-October 3rd
Where: VYFS Family Place- 9822 SW Gorsuch Road (upper level)
Cost for the series: $80 per person (financial aid available)
Please note: Each session builds on the last and it’s important that participants can attend all sessions. If you really want to attend and must miss a session, I can loan out
the DVD so you can keep up.
Childcare available: Extra fee on a sliding scale (please inquire)
Dr. Gordon Neufeld is a Vancouver-based developmental psychologist with over 40 years of experience with children and youth and those responsible for them. A foremost authority on child development, Dr. Neufeld is an international speaker, a best-selling author (Hold On to Your Kids) and a leading interpreter of the developmental paradigm. Dr. Neufeld has a widespread reputation for making sense of complex problems and for opening doors for change.
For the full details of the video course, please visit the Neufeld Institute: https://neufeldinstitute.org/course/making-sense-of-discipline/