For more info, email or call Christine at email@example.com or 206-463-5502.
Making Sense of Discipline
September 12th-October 3rd
This material is suitable to parents of children of all ages as well as to teachers, principals, day-care providers, and early education providers. Childcare is available for an additional fee.
The course will meet for 4 sessions. The first 3 sessions will contain a 60 minute video lecture by Dr. Neufeld and then approximately 90 minutes to discuss the material and how to apply it. The final class will be a time to discuss application and questions. I am approved through the Neufeld Institute to facilitate this class.
- to apply developmental science to the arena of discipline
- to enable parents and teachers to think critically regarding the current discipline practices
- to provide a philosophy of discipline that is congruent with science and with the developmental needs of the child
- to equip parents and teachers with the inner confidence to handle problem behaviour
- to provide discipline strategies that are attachment-safe and developmental friendly
- to provide special strategies for stuck kids who cannot benefit from normal discipline measures
Dates: Wednesdays from 6:30-9pm, September 12th-October 3rd
Where: VYFS Family Place- 9822 SW Gorsuch Road (upper level)
Cost for the series: $80 per person (financial aid available)
Please note: Each session builds on the last and it’s important that participants can attend all sessions. If you really want to attend and must miss a session, I can loan out
the DVD so you can keep up.
Childcare available: Extra fee on a sliding scale (please inquire)
Dr. Gordon Neufeld is a Vancouver-based developmental psychologist with over 40 years of experience with children and youth and those responsible for them. A foremost authority on child development, Dr. Neufeld is an international speaker, a best-selling author (Hold On to Your Kids) and a leading interpreter of the developmental paradigm. Dr. Neufeld has a widespread reputation for making sense of complex problems and for opening doors for change.
For the full details of the video course, please visit the Neufeld Institute: https://neufeldinstitute.org/course/making-sense-of-discipline/