Become a Board Member
A great way to support Vashon Youth & Family Services is to serve on the Board! We are looking for members of the community who believe in VYFS and want to help foster its mission by actively participating in fundraising, planning, and organization.
A Board Member:
- Attends a monthly meeting (approximately 2 hour commitment)
- Serves on a Committee once monthly (approximately 2 hour commitment)
- Volunteers at events and meetings (time commitment varies)
- Advocates for the agency and its mission (time commitment varies)
- Offers expertise in their personal skill set (time commitment varies)
Most VYFS board members commit less than 10 hours per month, but their work has a direct impact on the welfare of the entire island. Are you interested in becoming a Board Member? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOARD MEMBER ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Board Source is an excellent reference for current or prospective board members seeking to build their skills and understanding of a board member's role.
We highly recommend starting your research with this article on a Board Members Roles and Responsibilities.